Sunday 5 February 2012

Sunday Stamper - Week 191 - Heart On My Sleeve

Gooooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy, wintery, snowy and chilly Sunday to you all! Many many thanks for all your amazing entries last week... I saw some reallllly cool bubble making techniques so thanks for sharing your creations. This week, with Valentine's Day fast approaching, the theme is... HEARTS. To join in with the challenge is simples; make a little something, add in the theme and some stamping and then pop back here and leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry. Alternatively, can send me an email with a piccie attached to it if you haven't got a blog/image hosting site. The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 11th February 2012.


So... I have been a bit slack this week and my entries are actually cards from Thursdays shows. I have a very goodly excuse as to why I haven't got around to making anything specially for the challenge.. and that is... I spent the majority of yesterday afternoon and evening with my schnozzle pressed up against the window in the Room of Stash, waiting, every so impatiently, for the first few flakes to fall. I know, sad for a middle aged woman to be getting excited about snow but I just cannot help myself... tis the kid in me I reckon. Anyways... the snow has fallen and it is too dark now to see how much, I am hoping for enough to make a snowman though.


All of the cards have been made using the fabulous Studio 490 set "Love To Make Art" which is one of the half size sheets. It has the bestest heart stamp in the world (said in my best Jeremy Clarkson voice) I have used it in a few different ways are here's how: Card 1 (above) has an inky background made by smooshing Picket Fence and Fired Brick Distress Stains onto my craft sheet, spritzing the card with water and then dipping the card into the mix, lifting, drying and re-dipping and get some blotchy bits. The heart was made by "resist" stamping the heart using Picket Fence Stain, blending Fired Brick DI over the top and then popping onto black card and cutting around it. The middle bit of the heart is stamped on cream cardstock with Fired Brick DI and popped onto 3D foam. The sentiment is probably my favest sentiment ever, it is part of a Beatles song and I love it! I have added a couple of Grungepaper leaves, coloured with Peeled Paint DI and an Idea-ology Accoutrement.



Card 2 is a simple one... mats of red and black card and the heart was stamped in Jet Black Archival onto Grungepaper, coloured with Fired Brick DI and then I stamped the middle part onto cream ribbon and wrapped this around the heart. The decoration is a little flower from the Florals Art Parts set with part of a Grunge leaf and then coated with Glossy Accents.




And Card 3.. a very light Wrinkle Free Distress made by using a Blending Tool/foam to add smidges of Walnut Stain DI onto my craft sheet, spritzed with water and then cream card dipped and dried... this gives a much lighter effect that using the ink pad direct onto the craft sheet. I did the same for the message mat, this time blending a smidge of Fired Brick in the same way. The edges have been scruffed and then blended with Walnut Stain DI. The heart is Grungepaper, coloured with Fired Brick and then I added a Trinket Pin with a Locket key and a Bauble hanging off it. Simples!


Right... enough of my waffling... I do hope that you are keeping warm and you haven't got stuck in the snow... a nice day inside is called for methinks! Thanks for looking... have a wonderful week! TTFN

Hels x

51 comments:

craftimamma said...

I definitely need this set Hels. The sentiments are fab and that tall thin heart is brilliant. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hope you have enough of the white stuff to make a snowman!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

lainey said...

Hi Hels, love that last card!! I've had fun playing with hearts this week, here is the one I made,

http://craftyacts.blogspot.com/2012/02/triple-heart-easel-card.html

lainey x

Kirsten Alicia said...

Morning Hels, I hope you're outside building your snowman rigt now! You're right, this IS the best heart stamp EVER & your samples are gorgeous.

Helen said...

Your cards are beautiful, Hels. I was working on something with hearts yesterday so should be able to enter this week!! We have probably a couple of inches of snow (not going outside to check).. have fun playing!

Joanne said...

Beautiful cards. Love all the inky techniques. Now what I want to know is, if it's snowed enough, how can you make a snowman if you stay indoors???
Hugs Joanne xx

Von said...

smashing work Hels :)

Shazza said...

great cards Hels, hope the snow has arrived for you x

maska said...

Hei
Your Cards are beautiful.
Thanks for the inspiration.

angie's blogspot said...

OOh I think I NEED those stamps, I was just thinking, I wonder what time this lady gets up on sunday! I'm still in my jammies, sunday is lie in and cooked brekkie for me, the day never actually starts lol. Love the cards x

Evil Edna said...

beautiful and love the walnut stained words on the key heart.EE

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great selection of hearts Hels, I love the heart from Wendy. We had quite a bit of the white stuff last night and even went for a walk with the dog, but no snowmen I'm afraid. I did however manage to join in with your challenge and my piece is HERE. Enjoy your Sunday Hels. Tracy x x

Helen said...

Well, here I am back with my entry! Hearts for Hels

DonnaMundinger said...

My goodness it's been awhile since I visited. I'm always in awe of your talent. LOVE your hearts with the fab sentiments. My hearts are HERE. Hope it's okay. Enjoy your snow. Long time in coming, eh? xxD

Tracey said...

Gorgeous art work, and have manages this weeks. Hope you've had fun in the snow Hels, our dogs certainly have,a few hairy moments we had too.

http://icklenorthrner.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunday-stampers-hearts.html

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous cards, Hels!

Here is my entry.

http://artic-blonde-creations.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunday-stamper-hearts.html

Julia S-W said...

Hi There, I'm a very new blogger. I love what I've seen on your blog and I thought I might enter your latest challenge with the box I've made. Thanks for all the inspiration!

http://julialsw.blogspot.com/2012/01/this-is-exploding-box-ive-made-for-my.html

lockedinmycraftroom said...

Love your work Hels. Really enjoyed your shows on C & C. Look forward to seeing you again.
Chris

jude said...

Gorgeous tags Hels .Love the tall heart bsolutely lovely maybe another set to the long long list!
Here’s my entry
Keep warm hope your back is not too painful
hugs judex

Fliss said...

Beautiful cards Hels and I really must get some Wendy stamps as none here yet.
I've made an entry this time (out of time again for last week) and you'll find it at:
http://stamperschef.blogspot.com/2012/02/love-letters.html

Thanks for a great challenge.
Hugs, Fliss xx
PS: No white stuff here just loads of rain!

StampDancer said...

I love all your cards! What a LOVELY challenge - I went at it with all my heart - LOL - here: entry Deb M

Sandra Botham said...

Hiya, really had fun with this one.
Here is my entry http://redkittybcreates.blogspot.com/2012/02/hearts.html

Thanks.
Sandra B. x

Alison said...

And very lovely cards they are too Hels!
Here's a little piece I made at a class yesterday!
Alison xox

Val said...

Hi Hels - love your cards - just fab. I agree with you about the Studio 490 set, just gorgeous, and I love the sentiments.

My entry is here:

http://valscrafts.blogspot.com/2012/02/love-letters-from-heart.html

Hugs
Valxx

joanne wardle said...

Hi Hels,
here's my card
http://madebyjoanne.blogspot.com/2012/02/stamp-and-stitch-valentine-card.html

Elaine said...

Great cards once again. Just goes to show that a good stamp looks good whatever the style!! My heart is here:
http://wavesofcreativity.blogspot.com/2012/02/hearts.html

Gabrielle said...

Hey! I got to play (that rhymes - smug self satisfied smile!) Loved your hearts btw - so very very cool x
http://gabrielle-price.blogspot.com/2012/02/romance-is-in-air.html

yahoo said...

hi love all the things you do , but was wandering can you help me i have spent days trying to find the sentiment sheet of studio 490,the one you showed with the big stamp you did it in picket fence and sapphire blue .need that stamp set deperately can you help pleasee

Bonnie McLain said...

All I can say is I LOVE to visit your site.. I always get a laugh of some kind... still laughing over the pass port one!!! being blonde myself I totally understand... LOL.. Thanks so much... I love all your creativeness and love that goes into each project you share with us... thanks, thanks and thanks...

Well I have one here for you.. the hearts are not totally outstanding... but they are there...
http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2012/02/me-and-my-best-friend.html

Hope you have a good day...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Marjie Kemper said...

Love your varieties with Wendy's heart. I hope you got a good snow, Hels! Here's my heart:

http://marjiekemper.typepad.com/my-blog/2012/02/have-a-heart.html

Von said...

I've had some time to play and join inhttp://messyme-von.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-had-swap-tag-to-make-where-we-had-to.html this weekend Here

Terry said...

Always a treat to come visit and check out your fabulous art! Love these cards! Fun to play along!

http://terry2dogs.blogspot.com/2012/02/atc-my-first.html

Deb Neerman said...

A fabulous sample to look at!

You can see my entry HERE.

Thanks for another fun challenge!

Inkypinkycraft said...

gorgeous cards, mine is not traditional colours but here she is:
http://inkypinkycraft.blogspot.com/2012/02/for-love-of-it-and-my-dt-piece-for.html
hugs trace x

Becky said...

Love the cards Hels and love those stamps must get them.I have e-mailed you mine this month as it is hubby's valentine card.

Kate said...

Cool cards Hels. I've made a little heart ATC here! Also spotted free craft p&p at Create And Craft so I ordered the clear art stuff for a bit of a play (like you used to make Stanley.) Will let you know how I get on.

** Kate **

Bonnie McLain said...

One more... I have been into hearts for years... but this Valentines Day has really gotten into my blood...

Another one... http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2012/02/flower-box.html

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Barb Cady said...

Was sorry to miss last weeks challenge Hels, but was busy as you'll see from my blog. Delighted to take part in this one:
http://barbarascraftroom.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunday-stamper-191-heart-on-my-sleeve.html

The snow didn't stay long enough here!
Hugs, Barb x

Cath Wilson said...

Just read today's post and ouch! Hope it's okay now?

Here's my Heart on my sleeve entry and thanks for another great challenge x

http://katykrunch.blogspot.com/2012/02/one-more-monoprint-and-couple-of-others.html

Maggie said...

Great cards Hels and I enjoyed the shows here is the link for my entry this week

http://capricorncrafts.blogspot.com/2012/02/grungy-love-atc.html

Maggie H

Carol said...

Thanks to you I have been able to make something for the Heart on my Sleeve challenge.
Here is my link

http://carolscraftingadventures.blogspot.com/

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Loving the heatts...all month long...lol!!! Here is my entry. And don't worry about not making new, these cards are beautimous!!!

http://theartfulmaven.blogspot.com/2012/02/english-valentine.html

Milla said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Hels, love the hearts! Here is my entry, first ever in Sunday Stampers :)

hazel said...

Fabulous cards Hels. Here is my entry for the challenge.

http://hazelscreativemoments.blogspot.com/2012/02/linda-elbourne-workshop.html

xxx Hazel.

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous artwork as ever Hels!

Here's my entry for this weeks challenge, a bit late I'm afraid but I managed it in the end!

http://jacquelinescraftyblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunday-stampers-week-191.html


Jackie x

margaret said...

Here are my efforts, Hels very much inspired by your C & C Shows love them hope there is more to come.http://marglovecrafting.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunday-stamper-hearts.html

Shelly Hickox said...

Do you ever make anything that isn't just amazing??? I love your cards so much - you are truly an inspiration! I am a little late because I HATE writing blog posts. Blech!

My tag

Lori said...

Hey ho! Boot-iful cards, Hels, you know how to use that heart stamp! Here's my entry!

BumbleVee said...

oh, how I love me some mis-shapen hearts.... instead of the perfect, symmetric ... blah ones....great!

Rachelxx said...

Gorgeous cards Hels :=-)

My card is (hopefully) linked

here

BarbaraW said...

I'm from Chicago and we haven't had a lot of snow yet this winter. For me,this is a reason for celebration. Love your heart cards. Here's mine http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2012/02/gatefold-valentine.html

Sarah said...

un petit peu late...been faffing and teaking...sigh!
http://blueboxbabe.blogspot.com/2012/02/little-craftiness.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails