Thursday 11 September 2014

Sleigh-ed...

...eeek!  Christmas!!! Already!!!  I had a demo day at Coleman's last weekend and had some samples to make before I went and amongst the things to alter from Candy Box Crafts was this mahoosive sleigh.  Now, I don't do flat pack, I have NEVER done flat pack... the nearest to doing flat pack is me, armed with a butter knife and a hammer.  Thankfully, these little fella's go together a whole lot easier than a normal flat pack so I attempted a transformation and this is what I made!



I used the new Graphic 45 Twas The Night Before Christmas collection papers to cover the body of the sleigh - painting the runners with Kaisercraft Black paint... and gluing the papers down, sanding them so the edges were nice and neat and then edging around with Frayed Burlap DI so the papers looked nice and vintage.



Now this fella is a biggy, from one end of the runner to the other is just larger than 12"... so imagine just how many chocolates you could pop into this and have it as a nice room decoration at Christmas... or... using it as a table decoration filled with crackers... or... buy some little bottles of bath smellies and fill it up for a bespoke pressie.  Pretty cool huh!!!  And... Candy Box Crafts also do a smaller version too, perfect for filling up with more choccies (I have a thing about choccies obviously)   Anyways, this is one of my DT projects for Jones of Nottingham this month...


I will be back tomorrow with another creation made using more Graphic 45 papers... in the meantime, I am off to lay down in a darkened room, all this talk of Christmas has me having a fit of the vapours!   Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

7 comments:

ElizabethR said...

Huuuuge and perfect for filling with Ferrero choccies ;)
Had my first envelope of stash from Jones this morning, am still purring lol. Elizabeth xxx

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow that is super ... love it ... thank you for sharing ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Carole Z said...

I made a few of these last year and have a few more ready to decorate - fab for presses - choccies and table dec in one...love this one! Hugs Carole Z X

Helen said...

it's very pretty, Hels'. All these people getting organised for Christmas.. eek!

Redanne said...

Oh how wonderful is this Hels! I love the sleigh, the papers are fabulous and yes, I can just imagine it filled with chocolates - yum! Hugs, Anne xx

Shazza said...

just LOVE this Hels x

Mrs Beez said...

I am in heaven! Love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails