Sunday 8 February 2015

Sunday Stamper - Week 344 - Locomotion

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Thanks for your fab birdy entries to last weeks challenge.  The new theme this week is... STEAMPUNK You can interpret the challenge how you like: steampunky stamp, add cogs and gears, grunge it up... the choice, it be yours!   To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 14th February 2015.


My entry this week is my class sample from a great day teaching yesterday at the Ali-Craft Retreat in Daventry.  I always have fun teaching the folks who come along to their retreats and yesterday was just fab.  A bigger class than I normally am used to... 30 people (!) but 30 people means that I get to see 30 completely different projects at the end of the class... that is one of the most rewarding things for me, seeing all the different interpretations.  Big thank you to Ali and Iain for inviting me again and to all the delegates who were such fun to teach.



I won't go into great detail on how I made this... it wouldn't be fair on the peeps who came along to play yesterday... but I can tell you there are several Distress Ink techniques - the colours I used are Rusty Hinge, Antique Linen, Stormy Sky, Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs.


There be texture paste and Treasure Gold, Tim stamps, Darkroom Door stamps and then some diecut and metal embellies... voila, one 12" square finished project :O)  I have a plan to find a glass fronted 12 x 12 deep frame thingy to pop this into... then it is going on the wall. 


That's all for now... I will try to get back to a proper blogging schedule this week... I have a few things made and in need of blogging already so I have no excuse!   Thanks for looking and have a fabby day.  TTFN

Hels x

16 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, I love, love, love, this project, the colours are gorgeous, the embellies are gorgeous, the distress techniques are gorgeous, the stamping is gorgeous. I love it !!
I have used this 'gentleman' for my Graham's birthday card on 14th Feb, which I am going to try and finish off this afternoon.
Glad you had a great time at the retreat workshops.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Hels you have ended my drought. I have had no mojo since before Christmas and this is my first post of 2015: http://jacquiscards4u.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/steampunk-tag-and-happy-new-year.html

Unknown said...

Fabulous design - as always! I have just finished a Steampunkish card and when I saw this weeks challenge was Steampunk, I thought I may as well share. I have shown you my entry on Facebook this time - do hope you see it! X

Unknown said...

Great project Hels. I had done a plaque today and Jacqui Hall said I should enter it into your challenge for today so here is the link http://thecazzbar.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/steampunk-edgar-hels-sheridan-blog.html

Unknown said...

Fabulous as always Hels,you inspire us all.Sue Balawajder (craftywaj)

snazzyoriginal said...

Fabulous xx

Rita said...

What a Fabulous piece of Art. Looks Great. Hugs Rita xxx

Redanne said...

Oh wow Hels, lucky peeps! Ali and Iain are such lovely people, I am so glad the retreat was such a success, so wish I could have gone!! Your steampunk is just utterly fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!! Hugs, Anne xx

janna'scraftingattic said...

Lovely project and a bit different too. I am away now till end of Feb so won't be able to participate . Xxx

janna'scraftingattic said...

Lovely project and a bit different too. I am away now till end of Feb so won't be able to participate . Xxx

suzyb said...

Wish I had your stash of lovely papers, inks, and so on. I am just getting started in this wonderful mixed media art and look forward to getting going with it. I need a few more things tho', like some of the different pastes and things for stencils! I thank you for sharing your work, it's inspirational.
:)

EvaM said...

Hi Hels,
this is a great and wonderful project, I love it so much! The colours are so gorgeous.
I also love the stamps.
I did some cards.
Have a nice day, Eva

Mrs Beez said...

Always love your steampunkery. I've had to keep mine basic this week but have been missing not always being able to join in. Sorry you're still on the medical trail and hope something gets sorted soon. xx

http://wp.me/p3bDgK-3bE

Unknown said...

Our day with you was great, lots of tips, tricks, and messy play - just loved it all, especially all the different finished boards

We all had a wonderful workshop Hels - so a big thank you once again.

Alison + Iain xx
Ali-Craft

Susan Battensby said...

Hi Hels
Wow that's fantastic, just love what you have created here.
That gentleman stamp is one of my all time favourites, so versatile for so many things. Thanks for the inspiration.

tycodmom said...

This was a fun one. Since it's President's Day Holiday this weekend, I got some inspiration from Mr. Lincoln.https://www.pinterest.com/pin/208643395212933851/

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails